The weekend holiday is here, with high spirits and a festive atmosphere all around.
This is a great time for each of us to spread the happiness by engaging in some good deeds. Your acts of kindness and compassion will add a spot of sunshine to someones day and inspire others to do the same. Don't worry, you don't have to donate your entire xmas bonus to charity, being benevolent doesn't cost a thing. The greatest reward is seeing how your positivity reflects upon others.
Sprinkle some fairy dust this holiday with these altruistic ideas:
- Be courteous to other drivers on the road.
- Instead of being plugged into your phone, laptop or iPod, spend that quality time with family and loved ones. “Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.” Harvey MacKay
- Hold the door open for the person behind you, especially if they are carrying packages, bags or babies.
- Thank people that provide a service to you; waiters, cleaners, cashiers, etc. Remember that they have to work while the rest of us enjoy the public holiday.
- Offer to housesit for friends or family that are going away on vacation. They will have peace of mind knowing that you're there.
- Thank your mum or gran for the wonderful meal they prepared. They need to know that they are appreciated.
- Help someone who is lost and looking for directions.
- Offer to babysit for friends so that they can have the night off. They will be very grateful.
- Give out at least 5 compliments per day. Everyone needs some positive reinforcement.
- Smile, it is the simplest act of kindness. "All the statistics in the world can't measure the warmth of a smile." Chris Hart
Wishing you a lovely long weekend!