I can barely function past 10am without a few cups of coffee. Coffee was discovered so that people like me can wake up early in the morning without harming or injuring others (and ourselves). I didn't consider myself as a coffee-addict until I 'tried' to cut down my intake. This didn't work out well, just ask all the friends and family I terrorized during my caffiene-deprived state.
The longest I've been without coffee is two days, I couldn't make it any further...the anxiety and neurosis set in and I had horrifying hallucinations that all the world's coffee trees were extinct. Then there was the falling asleep at random times during the day; like during a work presentation, which I was giving. So I decided not to put myself in such jeopardy again and refueled on my life's elixir.
If you're wondering whether you're also a coffee-holic, here are a few signs that I have found to help you find out.
Signs That You're a Coffee-holic
- You can jumpstart your car without cables.
- You watch DVD's in fast forward.
- You never speak in complete sentences.
- You can type 80 words per minute with a coffee cup in one hand.
- Your doctor needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.
- You speak so fast, even 'The Chipmunks' don't understand what you're saying.
- You walk 5km on the treadmill before realizing it's not on.
- One shot of expresso and other people get dizzy watching you.
- When you call into radio stations, the presenter asks you to turn yourself down.
- Nescafe has named a blend after you.
- Your personal first aid kit contains two liters of coffee and an I.V hookup.
- You answer the door before people knock.
- You think CPR stands for 'Coffee Provides Resuscitation'.
- You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
- You're so wired, you pick up 5FM.
- At your local cafe, your coffee is made before you even order.
- The only reason you go to sleep is so that you can wake up to the smell of coffee.
- You get a speeding ticket even when you're parked.
- Your birthday is a national holiday in Columbia.
- Walking makes you nervous. Sleeping makes you nervous. Actually, everything makes you nervous.
- You drink decaf by accident and slip into a coma.
- Your coffee pot is next to your bed and your alarm clock is in the kitchen.
They say that sleep is sign of coffee depravation, which means I need to go make myself another cup...Ciao for now ;)