by Beaut Vintage
If you're a vintage clothing addict, you're going to love Beaut Vintage. This Australian based brand sources the best vintage clothes from around the world for their online store. Beaut Vintage offers an eclectic mix of retro clothing from the 50's to 90's, all reworked, revamped and restyled. Passionate store owner Sharon Perkins specially selects one-off pieces for their unique, glamourous appeal and high quality.
Besides for delightful dresses from bygone eras, the Beaut Vintage range extends to skirts, jumpsuits, shirts, jackets, handbags, belts and charming pieces of jewellery. Each item is given a cute quirky name for a truly personalized feel.
The site is very user friendly, I especially like the 'Search' tool, which allows you search according to era, colour and style. Also click on the 'Sale' link for bargains. The prices are reasonable in ZAR terms and they provide shipping to South Africa, as well as many other countries worldwide.
This year, 50's and 60's style have made a huge comeback, so why not embrace the Mad Men secretary trend with actual vintage dresses from fashion's past. These are some of my favourite items from the Beaut Vintage online store.
1. Scooter Girl. An adorable cool mod dress with navy and red horizontal stripes and red vinyl belt. A very 60's Brit Pop/Austin Powers look. Au$69.99 or R518.
2. Got the Cream. A plush cream wrap dress that is timeless and elegant. Wear it with boots, a floppy 70's hat and loads of vintage chains. Au$69.99 or R518
3. Material Girl. An 80's prom style dress fit for a millennium party. This hot pink strapless cocktail dress is decorated with a huge black bow and vintage brooch. Au$89.99 or R665.
4. Some Say She's a Spy. Every girl should have a classic black wrap dress. This one has a v-neck, flutter sleeves, a nipped waist and asymmetrical skirt. There are endless ways to wear it. Au$64.99 or R480.
5. Wildhood Flower. I like the ruby red rose and grass green print on this black sheer dress. Wear with black tights and flats. Au$69.99 or R518
6. Chevron Chic. I haven't seen a print like this in ages. Such a lovely combination of chevron stripes in red, blue, grey and white. The clinch belt is included. Au$64.99 or R480.
7. Katie Knows Best. A black and grey two-tone swing dress with high neck, empire waist and patch pockets. Au$49.99 or R370
8. Bubble-licious. A romantic rose print dress in sweet pink on black. It has a ruched bodice, full bubble skirt and corsage on the waist. Au$99.99 or R740.
9. Strive for Stripes. A versatile silver, black and gold striped cardigan that's a blend of lurex and wool. I picture it with a simple white tee and skinny jeans. Au$54.99 or R407.
10. Meeting with Sterling Cooper. A midnight blue 60's shift dress that oozes class and confidence. Who wouldn't want to go to work wearing this? All that's missing is a cropped Chanel tweed coat to wear over it. Au$69.99 or R518.
*Prices are in Australian Dollars. I have converted it to South African Rands using today's exchange rate, which is subject to change.
*All items featured are one of a kind and sell out rapidly.
*Shipping costs are based on the weight of your package and take 3-15 days to arrive at your door.
* To buy one of these vintage treasures, visit beautvintage.com
*For a special Frills and Thrills discount, check out the next post.