I recently came across the book "Thirty Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know", published by Glamour Magazine, which provides snippets of valuable wisdom every girl should be familiar with before they turn 30. I've written down some of my own 'Things I'd Like To Know Before I'm 30', along with a few excerpts from the book itself.
Before You Turn 30, You Should Know...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about marriage and having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man & confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to pick a dress that flatters your shape, not hides it.
6. How to cook a winning three course meal.
7. And throw a dinner party that people will talk about the morning after.
8. The names and speed dials of a really good hairdresser, beautician and tailor.
9. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
10. Where to go - be it your best friend’s couch, the country inn spa or a yoga mat - when your soul needs soothing.
11. How to pack a bag in a hurry.
12. That you can’t change the length of your legs or the width of your hips.
13. How to write an exceptional resumé without any exaggerations.
14. When it comes to applying makeup, less is more.
15. That bad hair days are just a part of life, not a level 8 on the Richter Scale type-of-crisis.
16. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
17. That your youthful years may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
18. How to get rid of a spider, change a light bulb or a flat tyre...or know someone reliable you can call at 3am to do either.
19. That sometimes letting go is easier than holding back.
20. How to make an entrance and how to exit gracefully.
21. Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
22. You don't have to please everyone all the time...it's okay to say 'No' sometimes.
23. The moment when you should leave an argument...before you say something you may not be able to take back later.
24. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
25. That life doesn't end at thirty, it only begins...hopefully ;)
I would love to hear what you would like to add to this list.
*All images found via weheartit.com