I am always proud to feature South African designers on my blog. Especially when they are as talented as Genevieve Motley. This Durban-based jewellery designer has a flair for modern and unusual designs. She creates enchanting and unique earrings, brooches, pendants and rings, all handcrafted using materials like Jacaranda wood and perspex.
I like that she provides jewellery lovers with an alternative to flashy and more ostentatious pieces. Her whimsical pieces define 'simple beauty', and are inspired by elements of nature, such as flowers, rabbits, hearts and birds. Genevieve's swallow motif has become somewhat of a signature piece amongst local fashion fans. These are some of my favourite pieces from her extensive collection.
1. Ivy and bird engraved heart-shaped chain. R155
2. Anchor and swallow chain, available in black or white perspex. $18 / R140
3. Vintage camera heart-shaped brooch. $12 / R110
4. Heart-shaped ring with cherry blossom design. Also in wood. $16
5. Wooden bunny brooch. Also in black perspex. $12 / R110
6. Adorable deer-shaped pendant and chain. R130
7. Engraved flower studs. $12 / R110
8. Crown cut-out perspex chain. $12 / R110
9. Quaint wooden birdcage chain. $18 / R140
10. Colourful printed bird pendant & chain. R140
11. Cute wooden teapot brooch. $12 / R110
12. Round birdcage earrings. Also in wood. $16 / R130
13. Wooden swallow with metallic heart charm. Chain included. $15 / R120
14. Decorative cut-out heart pendant in perspex. Matching earrings available. $15 / R120
15. Flower earrings delicately cut-out from wood. Matching pendant available. $13 / R110
To purchase one of these charming pieces of jewellery, visit Genevieve's online store at Etsy. See more of her stunning designs on her website, where you will be able to locate a stockist in your area. The Genevieve Motley brand also offers overseas shipping.