Salvatore Ferragamo Houndstooth Dress
This is a WWIB battle of epic proportions. Six leading ladies from all corners of the globe have fallen for the hypnotic charms of this Salvatore Ferragamo Fall 2011 houndstooth dress. The long sleeved black and white wrap dress has a deep plunge neck and slight front slit. I usually love houndstooth print, but this is getting a bit much...
1. Australian actress Teresa Palmer wore the dress first on 28 June 2011, while attending Salvatore Ferragamo's Resort 2012 presentation. She paired it with a box clutch, embellished belt and black heels by Ferragamo. Teresa kept her hair straight, with natural makeup.
2. Fashion-frenzied Lady Gaga wore houndstooth from hat-to-heel for an appearance on 'The View' on 1 August. Her hat, outlandish sunglasses, clutch bag and pumps were all in sync with her Ferragamo dress. She added strings of pearls for more drama.
3. Chinese actress Fan Bing Bing wore the dress next, within the same week as Gaga. She opted to wear the dress to the Ferragamo 'Attimo' fragrance launch in Beijing. Fan accessorized with black platform heels and a black sling bag. She added an air of mystique with a black netted hat. Her jet black locks were ironed out, her makeup almost theatrical.
4. Australian model Jessica Hart took her Ferragamo frock out on the town during Fashion's Night Out in New York on 8 September. Jessica accompanied her look with a statement bejeweled choker, black clutch and pointy-toe Ferragamo heels. Her hair was up in a high bun.
5. Vogue Japan editor Anna Dello Russo wore the dress during Milan Fashion Week in late September. She tossed on a flamboyant feathered hat, garnished with a large pink rose. At 48, she wears this dress as well as the younger dames. I like the two-tone heels with it. She carries the same Ferragamo houndstooth clutch as Lady Gaga.
6. Kim Kardashian is never one to miss out on a trend. She wore the wrap dress last week, on 7 October, for a television interview in New York City. This is the simplest from all the looks, as Kim chose neutral black accessories and wore her hair in a slicked black ponytail. The bold red lipstick is a great addition.
The dress as shown on the runway, worn by Italian model Bianca Balti
As for 'Who Wore it Best', this is a tough one. I like the fit on Anna, along with her black and white heels. But I prefer it with simple hair and styling like Kim's. What are your thoughts?