The popularity of bright citrus hues for Spring is vividly evident in this special edition of 'Who Wore It Better'. We witness a fashion face-off that lines up three different zesty dresses, worn by a series of international stars on the red carpet. Get out your style goggles, this one's going to be interesting.
Round One - Gucci
1. Australian actress Gracie Otto wore a citron yellow gown with oversized ruffles by Gucci to an awards show in January 2013. Keeping it simple, she pulled her hair back in a bun and carried a see-through clutch bag.
2. Bollywood beauty Bipasha Basu wore the same strapless Gucci dress to the Stardust Awards in Mumbai last month. Coral lipstick and volumized locks styled her outfit. She put on a statement diamond collar necklace for some sparkle. But was it really needed?
3. Spanish actress Manuela Velasco was the third to wear this vibrant column gown at the Goya awards in Madrid this week, pairing it with a orange-edged clutch bag. Her unfussy hair and makeup is refreshing.
4. On the Gucci SS13 runway, Dutch model Bette Franke wore the graceful saffron gown, with her hair tightly pulled back in a centre parting.
The Verdict: My vote goes to Manuela Velasco, I find the fit of the dress most flattering on her. With both Gracie and Bipasha's gowns, the hemlines were too long & dragged on the floor.
Round Two - Alexander McQueen
1. Katy Perry donned this punchy tangerine gown by Alexander McQueen last week, which features an embellished multi-tone collar neckline. Her raven locks were worn in loose waves.
2. Emily Blunt was the first to wear the Resort 2013 dress on the red carpet last November. Her hair was slicked back and she carried a black McQueen skull-handle clutch.
3. The mandarin halter gown was modelled for the Alexander McQueen Resort 2013 lookbook by Margita Zuchova, and was styled with a wide leather and link-chain belt.
My Verdict: I was unsure of either looks, Katy fills out the gown better but, I am also swayed towards Emily Blunt due to her polished styling. I'm on the fence here...your opinions please.
Round Three - Stella McCartney
1. Kylie Minogue wears a vivid hibiscus yellow Stella McCartney dress, decked with swingy fringing. Kylie wore nude Louboutin pumps with her look, which was back in November 2012.
2. Willa Holland wore the flapper-esque frock last month to an Elle event in LA. The Arrow actress picked out the same chunky white Stella McCartney heels from the lookbook, carried a white Chanel clutch and showed off a white manicure. I liked her cute top knot with this dress.
3. La La Anthony took the striking floral embroidered dress out for an event in Miami earlier this month. The TV personality impressed in the shoe department with multi-coloured T-strap sandals by Christian Louboutin.
4. Chinese actress Qin Lan looked poised and pretty in the dress last November. She styled it with a spectacular pair of zigzag Sergio Rossi sandals, a gold bracelet & white cocktail ring.
5. Danish model Nadja Bender casually poses for Stella McCartney's Resort 2013 lookbook.
The Verdict: I loved how elegant Qin Lan looked in the fringed dress and her heels were the perfect choice. Also, kudos to Willa Holland for her fun and youthful styling.
I would love to hear your verdicts on each round. What do you think?